John’s Witness of the Third Heaven – Part 7
Now in chapter 15 and 16 of Revelation, we see 7 more angels doing the Lord’s work. They have the 7 vials full of 7 plagues that will be poured out on earth. Rev. 15:1 “And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.” These plagues are the wrath of God.
Another new group is seen in Heaven. These are they who overcame the beast during the last half of the Tribulation. God is still saving souls! They stand before God on a sea of glass mingled with fire. Rev. 15:2 “And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.”
A third song is heard in Heaven – Rev. 15:3-4 “And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints. Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.” This is a song that originated with Moses and the Lamb, Jesus Christ. Maybe some songs written by other humans will also be sung in Heaven. You never know.
- Heaven’s Temple is opened, and 7 angels come out of it. These angels are dressed in white and gold. One of the 4 beasts gives out 7 vials of the wrath of God to the angels. Rev. 15:5-7 “And after that I looked, and, behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened: And the seven angels came out of the temple, having the seven plagues, clothed in pure and white linen, and having their breasts girded with golden girdles. And one of the four beasts gave unto the seven angels seven golden vials full of the wrath of God, who liveth for ever and ever.”
- The Temple in Heaven becomes so filled with the Glory of God (in the form of smoke) that no man in Heaven is able to enter it until the 7 plagues are fulfilled – Rev. 15:8 “And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God, and from his power; and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled.” Compare this with 2 Chronicles 5:12-14 “Also the Levites which were the singers, all of them of Asaph, of Heman, of Jeduthun, with their sons and their brethren, being arrayed in white linen, having cymbals and psalteries and harps, stood at the east end of the altar, and with them an hundred and twenty priests sounding with trumpets:) It came even to pass, as the trumpeters and singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and thanking the LORD; and when they lifted up their voice with the trumpets and cymbals and instruments of musick, and praised the LORD, saying, For he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: that then the house was filled with a cloud, even the house of the LORD; So that the priests could not stand to minister by reason of the cloud: for the glory of the LORD had filled the house of God.”
- A voice in the Temple is heard instructing the 7 angels to go pour out the wrath of God on earth – Rev.16:1 “And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.”
- After the third vial is poured out, another voice out of the altar is heard saying God’s judgments are true and righteous – Rev. 16:7 “And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments.”
- After the seventh vial, a great voice comes from the throne in the Temple saying, “It is done.” Rev. 16:17
- Another angel leaves Heaven having great power. He is so glorious that he lights the whole earth. He pronounces judgment on Babylon (the one-world commercial, religious, and political system of the anti-Christ). All devils have been cast out of Heaven and now inhabit the earth. It becomes more foul, unclean, and hateful than ever before. Rev. 18:1-3 “And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory. And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.” The evil pleasures of this world are but for a season.
- Another voice comes out of Heaven to believers yet on earth. Its message is for complete separation from the world so as to avoid being hurt by its plagues – Rev. 18:4 “And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.”
- There is a celebration in the Third Heaven. A great voice of many people proclaims “Alleluia!” Rev. 19:1-6 “And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God: For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand. And again they said, Alleluia And her smoke rose up for ever and ever. And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia. And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great. And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.” Ooooh, I get chills up my spine just imagining this! There are many people in Heaven! God has delivered His people, judged the great whore (One-World Babylon), and avenged the blood of the martyrs. God will have His way and He will have the last word! The all powerful, one and only, true God Jehovah will reign!
- Revelation 13-16 (whatshotn.wordpress.com)
- Revelation 17-19 (whatshotn.wordpress.com)
- “God’s Glory” (precioussheepofrenown.wordpress.com)
- The Rapture of The Church….So Many Christians do not Understand! (endtimebibleprophecy.wordpress.com)